We provide a structured programme of activities to inform, inspire and motivate our pupils towards their future careers. We aim to help them understand w在这里 different education and training decisions could take them and our provision is guided by the eight benchmarks identified in the Gatsby ‘Good Career Guidance’ report . As detailed in our Pupil, parent and carer entitlement statement for 职业生涯 2020, all of our pupils have access to:
- A stable careers programme delivered through PSHE and through the curriculum from years 7 to 13 that equips them to make effective use of careers information, advice and guidance and to develop career management and employability skills. We continuously evaluate the programme using feedback from pupils, 老师, employers and parents and publish an annual review each September.
- Current career and labour market information via a well-stocked careers library and online resources with support to interpret the information from our Head of 职业生涯 - Miss Laura MacKenzie.
- Advice and support which is tailored to the needs of each pupil and demonstrates a commitment to equality and diversity.
- Teaching staff who are able to link curriculum learning to careers.
- A range of meaningful encounters with employers and employees through a programme of skills workshops including interview and enterprise skills and mock interview practice, work shadowing, visits and events facilitated by inspiring professionals.
- A structured work experience 原理图eme in year 11 that consists of 5 days in the workplace and a work experience conference led by business and industry experts. Some of our students are able to take part in work placements in Germany through our long-standing German exchange arrangements.
- Regular encounters with further and higher education. We run higher education and professional careers workshops, an annual H.E. 公平, facilitate visits to university open days and take part in a range of higher education led activities such as specialist lectures, competitions and masterclasses.
- Personal guidance – impartial one to one advice and guidance is delivered in years 11 and 12 during the spring term, by professionally qualified careers consultants. Students with special educational needs and disabilities also have access to additional support from a specialist 职业生涯 Consultant.
For further information please choose the appropriate option on the 'in this section' menu to the right.
Miss Laura MacKenzie - Head of 职业生涯
Miss Lorna May - Administrative Assistant (职业生涯 and 六年级)
电话: 0121 444 3188
For more contact information please click 在这里